A trademark includes any word, name, symbol, or device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods. In short, a trademark is a brand name.
A service mark is any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce, to identify and distinguish the services of one provider from services provided by others, and to indicate the source of the services.
A certification mark is any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce with the owners permission by someone other than its owner, to certify regional or other geographic origin, material, mode of manufacture, quality, accuracy, or other characteristics of someone's goods or services, or that the work or labor on the goods or services was performed by members of a union or other organization.
There are some requirements to file the Application of Trademark Registration in Indonesia.
- A simply signed Power of Attorney
- A simply signed Declaration
- 30 Specimens of mark, with size min. 2 x 2 cm, max. 9 x 9 cm.
- Copy of home application and priority documents (on claiming priority)
- List of goods/services and class(es) pertaining thereto.
- Power of Attorney
- Indonesian Trademark Procedure
- Indonesian Trademark Law No. 15 Year 2001